1. Holding Ari Jane. A whole day old and screaming her hellos to me. I get to be her “T” because that’s what her sister has called me for a long time. Other people’s kids. Sweetest connections. I get to hold my second grandbaby in September. It’s nice to know I know how.
2. Care packages. I used too much tape, but that’s ok. The postal clerk apologized because she had to cover up some of my stick-on stars. That’s ok too. My daughter lives in the Czech Republic now. She needs stars from TX to remind her of home. However many stick.
3. Hummingbirds. One came the day I set out the newest feeder. A new location so Sofia can see it too. Close enough to see green and purple markings. A gift.
4. Income taxes dropped off. I didn’t say filed. But at least they’re out of my hands. It did me no good to know the deadline was later this year. That just upped the procrastination factor. At least I am aware of goals I should have.
5. Sunshine and garden centers. I enjoyed that combination today. Noticing the brilliance around me. The heat on my forearms, the dazzling reds and purples and yellows of this year’s flowers ready for gardens.
It is so glorious to walk in the light.