So, dear readers, I’ve decided to start a new weekly entry dedicated to the blessings of the week.
As some of you may realize, this has been a rough start to a school year. Still, I’m all about gratitude. As a matter of fact, my friend Kim and I often text each other pics and reminders of things we are grateful for. We started this after the death of a mutual friend. It’s a way to look hard at life and see with better eyes.
So… there were many more than five good things this week, but here are my first “Friday’s Five”– in no certain order:
1. my college students laughing as I read the wonderful It’s a Book by Lane Smith
2. a visit from Angela, one of my interns from last year, after her busy day teaching kindergarten
3. peaceful pencil existence! No drama or broken leads this week!!! Pens rule!
4. a text from my son, making sure his dad isn’t working too hard in this Texas heat
5. A poem scrawled in crayon by a fourth grader…someone is already inspired…thank goodness!
So…’til next Friday, there’s my five. How about you? What are your five sweet things this week?