I’m mining the past week’s journal entries for a few of the blessings to share here.
1. Keeping a journal routinely. That in itself is something I am grateful for and as time goes on, I realize how much more comes when I make the time to have a consistent routine: memories, images, new ideas. I’m continually amazed at what appears on the page if I just show up.
2. Poetry. Ideas have crept in my entries this week and I have made time to create some blackout poetry, collect words for a found poetry project, work on a single syllable poem. I’m currently adding more text in my painting projects and stitching work. I know it’s a result of daily focus. That 40 extra minutes a day I told myself was necessary at the beginning of Lent has not always been easy to find, but it certainly has provided rewards.
3. International mail. Sending and receiving always brings a smile.
4. Seven geese. Two usually have taken up residence at our pond by now, but this year seven stayed. Unusual to see an odd number since this is mating season, but there is a lone duck here, too. I see them several times a day. Moments of peace.
5. Trash bags. I’m in a big purge time. That’s always a good sign for me. When I can let things go, I make room for new things to come. When I get rid of junk, my mind is always lighter, too.
What did you see this week that brought you a sense of peace? Of joy? Of awareness? Of love?